Here’s another case to disabuse any sceptics who still challenge the notion that smoking is bad for your health.
It comes from the Daily Mail, which reports here on an inquest which was told a smoker was killed when he fell out of his bedroom window while having a late-night cigarette.
Young software engineer Jonathan Brace, 33, died after he fell 20ft to his death, hitting his head on the patio below.
Brace was forbidden from smoking within the Newport home he shared with his mother, and would instead lean out of his bedroom window to avoid fumes circulating the house.
His heartbroken mum discovered her son the next morning.
She told the inquest she repeatedly warned her son to stop smoking while sitting on his window ledge.
The lesson, of course, is that he should have been warned to give up smoking. Full stop.