The reputation of maggots has been sullied in the Herald today with another of those stories about pissed-off people finding one of these magnificent creatures in their tucker.
This time we are told of a healthcare worker who was “disgusted” after finding a maggot in her McDonald’s burger box.
Linda MacDonald, a mental health carer, had just finished eating an Angus Burger Combo, which she bought from the Pt Chevalier McDonald’s, when a colleague she shared the burger with pointed out something “wiggling” in the box.
The 59-year-old Auckland grandmother spat out her remaining mouthful and ran to the toilet to throw up.
Read the rest of this entry »