Beware and keep on the safe side of the fence – these pools are not meant for bathing

December 30, 2010

Falling into this will not be good for your health.

The buggers at Fairfax have given the Rotorua District Council an unjustified rasp in a report on a kid who has found out the hard way what happens when gravity kicks in. If you fall – in this case, alas, into a hot pool – you can hurt yourself.  Seriously.

The eight-year-old boy fell into a hot pool in Kuirau Park on Sunday and was severely burnt on his entire body.

He is in Auckland’s Middlemore Hospital in a “stable but serious” condition. Alf hopes he has a speedy recovery.

But the first sentence of the report at Stuff implies it was the council’s fault and something should be done to stop it happening again.

More than that, it implies the council can’t be bothered doing anything unless someone formally complains about the boy’s mishap.

Read the rest of this entry »